Menu
Ruhno's
Initially, William Ruhno managed Mr J. L. Frederich’s store located opposite the Rosewood Railway Station. In 1900 a new general store was opened on the same spot as the old store. During construction of the new store the business operated from Victoria Hall.
In 1907 Ruhno purchased Frederich’s store and shortly after went into partnership with Mr E. A. Maher until 1922 when the business was transferred to the sole ownership of Ruhno. It was a large country store in a large wooden structure.
The store was known as the ‘General Supply Company’ and traded in machinery, furniture, drapery, millinery, mercery, and other goods. Later it became W. Ruhno, General Merchant but was known locally as just Ruhno's.
After William Ruhno’s death in 1938 ownership of the store passed to his only son Norman who operated the business for a number of years. The premises were later destroyed by fire in 1979 and never rebuilt.
References (offline)Ruijs, Susanne, Rosewood then and now ; a story through time. Marburg: Rosewood Scrub Historical Society Inc, 2017, P83-84.





